Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Most Unique Human You Will Never Meet

I got mail!  Finally.  Old school post is my favorite kind of mail, by far.  There is something really personal and special about physically writing to someone, rather than typing it in an email (which is ironic because I should be writing this in a journal rather than a blog).  My mail is from Mary Catherine, as it usually is because none of my other friends participate in the post train (sad).  This time, however, it did not come in a mailbox but was simply plopped onto my desk since MC was actually in the room (SHE CAME TO VISIT ME!!!!!!).

Her style of writing reminds me so much of Allie Brosh from Hyperbole and a Half.  That's probably why I love Allie Brosh so much.

I'm pretty sure she didn't finish her letter, either because she left it in the middle of a sentence.  

Highlights from MC's letter:

She tried to draw a frowning face but ended up drawing a smiley face upside-down.  Realizing her error, she crossed it out, pointed to it, and said oops, then proceeded to draw an actual frowning face.
 
". . .if I ever try to pull that shit. . .smack me in my freaking eyeball!"

In the middle of explaining why she loved ND football games, she wrote in brackets "[PS I'm kind of seeing someone]" then proceeded to explain why the loss against Michigan was so upsetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment