Monday, September 6, 2010

Super Awesome Graffiti Party

Two Fridays ago, Sami and Megan hosted a Highlighter party at their house.  I was pretty skeptical of the premise of the party because a bunch of kids dressed in white shirts running around marking people's bodies with highlighters just does not sound appealing.  Or at least, it didn't at the time.  Now, I'm completely flabbergasted at why isn't every party this theme.  It's incredible!  Or perhaps I was too drunk to notice how horrid it was, but I seriously doubt that is the case.

Adrianna and I showed up at what we thought was "fashionably late."  We were still the first guests there.  Woo us!  We're awesome!  Eager beavers, hurray!  Earlier that evening, we had gone to the new FroYo place on the Strip called 3 Spoons.  It's as good as Menchie's only better because Menchie's is all the way in Turkey Creek.  So naturally 3 Spoons is better.  The point is, I ate a little too much, and so my tummy was seriously aching by the time we showed up at Sami's house two hours later.

I don't have any pictures from this party because I didn't bring my camera, and I don't think I would have been able to capture the essence of the gathering due to my shaky, shaky hands and increasingly klutzy demeanor.

Anyway, I got a little bit drunky drunk.  I do believe that was my first time being truly drunk.  I've been a bit tipsy, but this was full-out drunk.  That makes me sound like a pussy... No, I do go to some parties, but my friends just aren't like that.  They don't necessarily spend their weekends getting totally smashed.  Only occasionally (and it ends up being ridiculously fun).

See, at the time (and even a little bit still) I was really mad at Sami.  Well, maybe not mad per say, but pretty stinkin' pissed.  Sami and Jon are dating now, and they didn't even have the decency to tell me in person.  And Sami didn't tell me until I'd already found out, and it was via text!  Let me back up for a second....

Jon and I dated back in senior year of high school.  And only for a little while.  We've known each other for years; since fifth grade.  We ended up going to senior prom together, and we totally liked each other but were such pussies that we didn't do anything about it.  Until later.... A few weeks later, we became official.... And we dated for about four months before I (stupidly) broke up with him.  I didn't think I liked him as much as he liked me, and I didn't want to be unfair.  But I was just fuckin' stupid.  Honestly, anyone with eyes could see that I still liked him.

So, for a year, I secretly harbored these feelings for him (it being a secret from myself).

This past summer, Sami and Jon had been extremely flirty.  It made me uncomfortable, sure, but I thought it was just another one of Sami's little flirtations.  She does that a lot (ex: Jesse, Greg).  She likes to lead these guys on and not do anything about it (apparently leaving some broken hearts trailing along).  And I thought that's what Jon thing was, so I didn't do anything.  Stupid.

So a week into school, Sami & Jon are official.  Stupid mother fucker.  That's me.

Back to the party... Even though I'm "mad" at Sami, I've got this huge, ridiculous desire to be her friend.  I can't stand the the possibility of her being even the slightest bit mad at me (which is ironic as apparently our feeling are mutual, for different reasons).  When I became drunky drunk, I was overcome with an intense desire to announce my love of Jon and Sami, respectively.  So, every time I saw them, I would hug them really tightly and yell "I love you soooo much!"  It's a little embarrassing to think about, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Basically, the moral of my story, if you like someone FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Now, I'm pretty sure Sami hates me... I mean, she's probably just annoyed by me.  It makes sense.  I am pretty fucking annoying.

EDIT:  A follow up to how exactly Adrianna and I ended up getting to and fro Sami's house that Friday.

Because Kathryn ditched us, I decided it would be okay if I drove.  I already had an air mattress in the car if worse came to worst, and Ad packed an overnight bag.  So we were all set.  No worries.  Our ideal situation would be if one of the "Single Ladies" would drive us home since none of them drink (Kathryn, Julia, Abbey, Alex, etc), but if they didn't feel comfortable, then we would simply camp out in Sami's living room or front porch.  It all worked out, though, because Brian ended up coming late, escorting about four other boys as well.  I suppose Brian figured he shouldn't drink because he was their ride or something, which really worked out to our advantage.

He had to make two trips, though.  At first, Adrianna and I were going to kip out in the front seat together, while all four boys squished in the back.  In my drunken haze, however, I maturely decided there was simply no room, and Brian would have to come back for us.

So Ad and I waiting in my car for Brain to return.  That was fine as several other parties of boys were departing as well.  I think I even made a failed attempt at getting some of them to sign up for Awakening this October (well, idk if it's failed or not.. We shall see).

Eventually Brian did return for us, and we did make it home safely.  All was well, and I didn't even get a hangover!  Which is wonderful as I had my first shift at 90.3 THE ROCK in the morning.  I'll save that lovely experience for another post, though.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like quite an ordeal. :-P

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the moral of the story. Also, highlighter parties sound awesome and stupid at the same time.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete