During high school I worked at this sandwich restaurant called Atlanta Bread Company, or ABC. It's exactly like Panera, only apparently worse as Panera is significantly more popular. I like ABC better, but that's neither here nor there. Most of my friends worked there as well, and one point it seemed that each high schooler was either Catholic, in band, or both. I fall into the Catholic category.
Sami also worked there (though this story takes place before she became "Manager Sami"). One day Sami goes outside to chain up the tables on the patio. It had recently rained, so the sidewalk was wet with puddles. Because we were slow at the time, I decided to write her a little note that simply read, Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica. If you've been living under a rock for the past decade, this is a famous quote from The Office. This is a favorite quote of ours, so I knew she would find it humorous.
After writing the quote on the back of an old receipt, I ran outside. Literally, I ran. To any onlookers, I would have appeared rather foolish, which coincidentally was the point. When I reached dear Samantha, I grabbed her hand and forced her to accept my crumpled note. Then I spun on my heal to sprint away again without saying a word.
One thing I didn't count on, however, was the wet concrete. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I spun precisely on a particularly slippery puddle and proceeded to lunge head-first for the handicap ramp and roll the rest of the way down.
Silence. Both of us were in shock. Sami probably more shocked due to my actions leading to the imminent fall.
Then, uproarious laughter broke out and hilarity ensued. I can't even imagine what that must have looked like, and my only regret is not having a reality show to film my every move. Because, really, isn't that totally something that Dwight would do anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment